Hot days and rainy weather coupled with heavy bather loads can make it difficult to keep your water sparkling. Here at Perry Pools we are always sharing pool maintenance tips from our inhouse experts. Some things to be mindful about are:
- Don’t allow anyone in your pool for at least 20 minutes after applying sun screen.
- Monitor your water chemistry weekly.
- Assure you water level is high enough, which is half way up the skimmer.
- Make sure your filter is clean.
- When pressure rises on the indicator at the top of your filter, backwash DE or Sand filter, or rinse cartridges in a Cartridge filter.
- Extend the circulation time of your pump. Typically it is set for 10-12 hours per day. If you see cloudiness, set the pump for 24 hours for a day or two.
- If you have large bather load, shock the pool after use and run the filter all night.
With all this in place your pool should be well prepared for the beautiful New England summer. And remember, nobody knows pools like our highly-trained, knowledgeable team. Contact Perry Pools today with any questions!