Pool closing time is usually a sad time of year. However, closing your pool properly will make opening it much easier next season. The weather is getting cold, the leaves are changing color and the warm memories of summertime fun are fading away. This is not usually the time of year that people like to think about their swimming pools but it is really the most important time of year to pay attention to the pool to avoid unnecessary problems and costly repairs come springtime. Whether warm climate or cold, we have some simple instructions for protecting your pool.
The following are generalized instructions on how to properly close an in-ground and an above-ground pool:
(Please note that all pools are somewhat different and your pool may need specific care not mentioned here. If you have any doubts about how to properly close your particular pool, give us a call or contact a local pool professional.)
- Balance the water chemistry.
- Shock the pool with a Chlorine Shock.
- Remove skimmer baskets, wall fittings, cleaners, solar blankets and ladders from the pool.
- Lower the water level in the pool.
- Drain all pumping, filtering, heating and chlorinating equipment.
- Clean, skim, vacuum and brush the pool.
- Cover the pool.
- …OR CALL PERRY POOLS AND WE’LL DO IT ALL FOR YOU AT ONE VERY AFFORDABLE PRICE!
Contact Perry Pools for a quick consultation! Call us today at 203-349-9212 or visit our convenient Norwalk location.