Website Perry Pools
Job Title: Service Technician
Reports To: Service Manager, General Manager
A Service Technician has a pool/spa/hot tub route during the week to perform service for residential/pools/spas/hot tubs and/or commercial pools/spas. A Service Technician leads crews for openings, closings, and renovations. Also, the Service Technician completes service calls for repairs. Most likely there is a Helper that the Service Technician must supervise.
- Position Responsibilities:
- Lead openings and closings, pool repairs and renovations.
- Complete water testing and chemical adjustments.
- Complete pool/spa/hot tub cleaning including vacuuming, skimming, brushing, and scrubbing tile/water line.
- Complete equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Restock vehicles at the end of workday.
- Assist in the training of Maintenance Technicians and Helpers.
- Keep up to date with current trends in the industry.
- Clean vehicles when required.
- Assist with shop maintenance.
- Gather information and pictures from job sites.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent recommended. Valid driver’s license required. SP-2 or SP-1 License required. 3-5 years of industry experience recommended. Knowledge of pool/spa systems required.
A service technician must be able to read and comprehend instructions and information. Also, must be able to communicate results and occurrences from job day to supervisors. Must be able to recognize safety violations and unsafe conditions on job sites along route. Must be able to lead a crew on job sites.
Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach and handle tools. Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds of material, sometimes heavier, with assistance.
Time spent in vehicle to and from jobs can be anywhere from 10-30% of a workday. The remaining time is expected to be outdoors and around water. While we avoid dangerous weather conditions, a service technician is expected to work outdoors in the rain, sun and other normal seasonal weather. There is some dust and dirt present in equipment rooms as well as around the pool/spa.
To apply for this job email your details to Charles.M@perrypoolsct.com